Customer service research suggests that you must connect with your customers and prospects at least 13 times for them to remember your name. If your goal is to be the first company that they think of or what is called Top of Mind Awareness, you must touch your customers and prospects 33 times each year. That number will only go up as information continues to flow as an ever increasing rate of speed.
To overcome this information overload, we have used technology to create numerous programs that allow businesses to continually touch their customers as well as monitor the results from all those marketing messages. Yet technology does come with some hefty price tags especially if you want the program customized.
However, the newer technology of auto-responders provides an affordable substitute. These types of program can:
- Collect names from your website
- Collect names from your email
- Broadcast email messages to your entire list or smaller sub-lists within your list
- Report the number of open messages
- Send multiple messages spaced at specific internals of your choosing to both prospects and clients
- Work with your landing page, squeeze page or what I can opportunity page
- Operate 24/7 on automatic pilot once the messages are inputted by a real live person
Each auto-responder program is different and has different fee schedules. However, most cost around $20 a month and some will even allow up to 10,000 names in your database.
What is so cool is that you can integrate:
- Direct mail to the auto-responder
- Email to the auto-responder
- Web site traffic to the auto-responder
These integrations when aligned to your strategic plan will allow you to work smarter and not harder. The goal to increase sales will happen because you are now actively building a relationship with new prospects and maintaining relationships with existing customers.
Do you want to increase your sales? Then, you might be interested "Simply Speaking, Increase Sales by..." a truly quality e-book combination workbook that focuses on helping you within the 3 key areas of Marketing, Selling and Planning. Learn more at http://www.processspecialist.com/sales-training-book.htm
Leanne Hoagland-Smith, M.S. is a speaker and national business coach who has written hundreds of articles with a focus on leveraging human capital for transformational change by developing results driven leadership in people, teams and organizations.